is every time my friend gets stop to be told off by some white person, very rudely, how his tattoo of a dreamcatcher is racist and insensitive to the Native American people and should removed/apologize/be ashamed.
He is Native American and they confuse him for Mexican every time, and he just states “But I got this at the reservation I lived in for 15 YEARS.” and proceeds to falsely place a curse of his ancestors on them.
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life.”